Arizona CCW: Concealed Firearms Permit
This course is in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute 13-3112, Concealed weapons; qualification; applicaton; permit to carry; civil penalty; report; applicability. The course outlined herein meets and surpass the minimum guidelines for concealed firearm courses. This training is designed to facilitate students the proper mindset and basic skills in the use of the handgun as a defensive weapon of last resort.
Note: Arizona Department of Public Safety requires an NRA training certificate. If you have taken an NRA pistol course in the past, you may use a copy of your certificate and apply for the CCW on your own.
- Handgun Safety
- Gun Components
- Pistol Shooting Fundamentals
- Mallfunctions and Stoppages
- Gun Selection
- Safe Concealment Technique
- Drawing from Holster
Check Back Soon.
Or Call for Appointment
Fingerprinting Service Available
Starts: 2:30 PM
- Defensive Mind Set
- Escalation of Force
- Use of Deadly Force
- Aftermath of an Encounter
- Live Fire (Trained shooters may be exempted upon proof of qualification)
- Review of Federal and state codes, rules and regulations pertaining to firearms
- Permit Holder - restricted areas
- Permit Holder - Etiquette
- Document Completion
You will be required to show shooting proficiency. A course of fire must be performed and passed in a range. An individual may be exempted from this test if he or she is a former or current member of the armed forces, law enforcement agency or has been through basic and advanced training courses that we recognize. This shooting test is administered to determine the skill level of the student. The following items are also available at the shooting range for a nominal rental fee.
- Eye and Ear protection
- Your own firearm
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Conceal carry holster
- Concealment vest or a loose shirt with front opening
- Pen and paper
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Be a resident of Arizona or a United States Citizen
- Not under indictment for felony offense
- Not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the indivicuals right to possess firearms has been restored and the individual mus not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law
- Not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution
Requirements: (These items will be provided)
- Application form
- Fingerprint Card.
- Training Completion Certificate persuant to ARS §13-3112.N.
You do not need to be an Arizona resident. Any U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident of the United States may obtain a Utah CCW provided they meet the minimum eligibility standards.
5 years, renewable
Cost of Training:
$150 - 4 Hour Courss Includes Range Fee
Class is held at:
1827 W. 208th St. Torrance, CA 90501
In addition, a permit fee of $60.00 payable to Arizona DPS (Department of Public Safety), should be submitted along with your completed documents via money order, cashiers or certified checks.
List of states accepting Arizona CCW:
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia