Home Defense - NRA Personal Protection Inside The Home:
Participants must be experienced shooters and be able to display mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm.
The students must be able to perform the following:
1. Demonstrate Safe Gun Handling:
- State and demonstrate the three rules of Safe Gun Handling
- Demonstrate the proper loading, cocking, uncocking, and unloading procedures with dummy cartridges.
2. Demonstrate the Ability to Shoot Groups:
- Shoot three five-shot groups at 15 feet covering no larger than 9 inches circle
3. Zero a Pistol:
- Adjust the sight needed to move a group to the center by shooting a five-shot group from 15 feet
4. Clean a Handgun Properly:
- Demonstrate proper gun cleaning procedure