California (FSC) Firearm Safety Instructor Course
With the change in California legislation in 2015, the HSC (Handgun Safety Certificate) has been replaced by the FSC (Firearm Safety Certificate). This course now uses the NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor Course. The curriculum satisfies and exceeds the requirements of California FSC Instructor certification requirement in accordance to California Penal Code 31635, subdivision (b) and recognized by Department of Justice to provide training comparable to the standards set for DOJ Certified Instructors.
Course is presented in two parts: Basic Instructor Training and Home Firearm Safety Instructor training. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination. Students will receive Certified NRA Instructor rating in the disciplice of Home Firearm Safety upon successful completion of the course.
This course is for experienced shooters with the desire to share his/her knowledge and skills to responsible and law abiding individuals who are willing to learn the basics of firearm safety. This course is accepted by The California Department of Justice for Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC) Intructor certification in accordance to Penal Code 31635, subdivision (b).
- Teaching Principles
- Teaching Tools
- Class Preparation
Check Back Soon.
- Types of Firearms
- Gun Parts
- Firearm Operations
- Firearm Handling
Pre-course test may be administered to determine the skill level of the student.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- Proof of good character...whereas the applicant:
- has not been convicted of a felony;
- has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
- has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
- has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
- Experienced firearms handler
- Shoot Safe Learning Certified Instructor certificate of completion is issued upon completion of the course.
- This course is recognized by California Department of Justice Handgun Safety Certificate Instructor certification under Penal Code 31635, subdivision (b).
Class is held at:
Shoot Safe Learning
2049 Pacific Coast Hwy, #106,
Lomita, CA 90717
Check Back Soon.